Sunday, February 17, 2013

Chasing the Clouds Away...

I was SO excited about this week's CSI "Case" (Case #58), especially since this was the monthly challenge with the sketch from Page Drafts tied to it and the colors were totally geared to earth tones.  But, when I actually got started, I really struggled!! I ended up adding a LOT of pink which is REALLY not like me!!

Anyway, how could I lose with these shots of Olivia! ;O)  I found a tutorial online at tipsquirrel.com by Photo Gavin and was able to make my own film strip...complete with texture, color of my choice, and a drop shadow...not to shabby eh? ;O)  This layout really came down to the wire for the CSI deadline, so, it got rushed.  But, I actually really like it even though I'd probably have done some things differently given some extra time.

Evidence Used:  Clouds, wood (heart button), and jewels
Testimony:  Document a Getaway or take inspiration from the word "escape" (whichever you think is applicable...as in Olivia let's you "escape" or "getaway" from reality with the way she makes you laugh even when she's sick...I really pushed it this week with my Testimony, not sure it qualifies!!)
Cardstock: CTMH Baby Pink, Cocoa, Juniper, and Grey Flannel
Paper: My Little Shoebox Sky's the Limit (clouds), Three Bugs in a Rug Happy Bird-Day (both polk-a-dot papers), CTMH Let's Get Together (yellow stripe), and CTMH Chantilly (pink)
Ink: Buttercup (around journal strips) 
Other: Fiskars Border punch, CTMH Bitty Sparkles with Copic marker to color, Cricut Elegant Edges and Paper Lace 2 cartridges, Recollections Button, and Zig Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...