Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Best Friend

Well, once again, its been forever since I posted. Seems like things have been total chaos the past couple months between illnesses, daycare issues, work, and to top it all off, my computer completely crashed on me!!! I'm struggling to get used to my husband's Mac, but its so different and he doesn't have Photoshop...we're working on that!


In the meantime, I have managed to fit in quite a bit of scrapping. This is my latest accomplishment and it was so much fun!! I've been working on the Hawaii pages for my sister's scrapbook for what seems like forever and followed that up by putting together five one-pagers for the parents with preemies in the NICU during the month of December. It's a program my friend in Nome does to give something back after she spent a couple of months in the NICU at Providence with her youngest son.

Anyway, I've been on a roll with the fabulous sketches at Inspired Blueprints, so I decided to stick with what's working! ;O) This is the most current sketch (until tomorrow that is!), Sketch #30.



I had to move some stuff around, but I think I pretty much stuck to the sketch. I used the Maggie May line of paper from My Mind's Eye which I had been dying to use since I bought it forever ago. I just love those owls!!! I also used lots of the corresponding die cuts from the line, rub-ons from both American Crafts and We R Memory Keepers, and tons of Robin's Nest Dew drops. The Cocoa and Outdoor Denim cardstock, twinkle brads (owl's eyes), and Cobblestone Alpha are all from Close to My Heart.

I dug in the Inspired Blueprint archives for something that would work with this particular piece of paper. It's hard for me to work around a pre-printed shape on a piece of patterned paper and this one was particularly tough for me as it took up almost half the page. But, I loved the owls in the tree and wanted to make it work. This is actually the first sketch on the Blueprint blog and I thought it was perfect...just needed a little rotating! ;O)



This side used more of the same....oh, i just love this paper!! I have a little bit left, enough for one more page...just hate to see it go!

I will try to be better about posting as I learn the Mac way of life...we'll see how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...