Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Doc!

I had to whip up a birthday card for my uncle right before heading out to his birthday dinner a while back. This one is a little plain, but it did the job! The sketch is from the Mojo Monday archives, but I thought it was perfect for the cowboy image I had already cut out with my Cricut.
This is actually a digital image from Pink Cat Studio, they developed it in honor of a little boy named Ethan that passed away from Neuroblastoma earlier this year, he was just a couple months shy of his 5th birthday. The money they raised with this stamp was given to the Make-a-Wish foundation. It breaks my heart to read his story, he was a beautiful little boy and I can't imagine losing him so early. I believe the stamp set is no longer available for purchase, so I am really glad I was able to get in on it and help an awesome cause at the same time.

I bought the full set and it came with a little girl cowboy and several sentiments. But, I decided to download a Western font from a free website and print it out for both the "Howdy" and the "Happy Birthday". I believe the font came from 1001freefonts.com, but because my computer crashed, I can't tell you exactly which one I chose. I love that website though!! The image was colored in with Copics and added some Robin's Nest Dew Drops for a little sparkle. (I meant to make it even more sparkly with some Stickles, but got in a hurry and forgot!) The paper is all from the Animal Cookies Creative Basics kit. I just love the colors!! I also added some Western Flourish stamps to the inside, that stamp set is something else I love!! It seems to add just the right finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...