Friday, September 3, 2010

Unscripted Sketches #70 and Meljens Designs Freebie


I've been desperately trying to complete a 1-page layout for the last few weeks, but, it just isn't coming together!!!  So, in the meantime, I decided to take a little mental break and whip up a card for my Uncle's birthday.  I already had this super cute image called Triple Treat Cupcakes from Meljens Designs in mind and thought this weeks sketch at Unscripted was perfect for it!  I tried to add colored glitter to look like sprinkles to the liquid applique.  But, every time I attempted to "sprinkle" the glitter, it just ended up being a giant blob.  So, I ended up just using clear glitter to sparkle up the icing.





Paper:  CTMH Building Blocks (retired)
Cardstock:  Sweet Leaf, Cranberry, Moonstruck, and Colonial White
Ink:  Cranberry, Sweet Leaf, and Moonstruck
Stamps:  Meljens Designs Digital Triple Treat Cupcakes, From Me to You, and Exclusive Stamp Set with Jingle Kit (not named)
Other:  EKSuccess Corner rounder, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Copic Markers, Liquid Applique, CTMH Mini Sparkles, Stickles, and Sizzix Dots, Circles, & Stars Embossing Cartridge 

2 comments:

  1. Love the combo of the fluffy foam, distressed patterned paper and textured embossed background! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really stunning! Love the papers and what a gorgeous image!!! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete