Friday, February 18, 2011

Mojo Monday #172 and 173 and More V-Day Cards

O.k., hang in there with me, I just have one more set of Valentines Day Cards to post after this and then I'm done.  I spent so much time on them, I feel like I HAVE to share! ;O)

Whenever I go to start a card, I always take a look through Mojo Monday sketches.  I truly love them and find so much inspiration on their site!  Anyway, it was no different for my Valentine's Day cards.  

This image was part of the Beary Busy stamp set from CTMH that I bought with Valentine's Day in mind.  The "load" in her wheelbarrow is a pile of hearts!   How cute is that!  You can choose from a load of hearts, leaves, or flowers.  So many possibilities! ;O)
Paper:  CTMH Cherry-O Creative Basics
Cardstock:  Colonial White, Sweet Leaf, and Blush 
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black and Crystal Blue
Stamps:  Beary Busy
Other:  Craft Essentials (small heart brads from JoAnns), Bigger heart brad from my stash don't know the brand, CTMH Paper flowers, Stickles, Nestabilities Circle and Scalloped Circle dies, and Offray ribbon



This is another image from the Beary Busy set and the one I like the most!  It reminds me of a truck my sister wanted growing up, an old Ford!
I always forget to use my embossing folders, but, thought of them just in time to include on this card for my in-laws.  My MIL got me started down this road with a Texture Boutique and tons of folders, so, I better prove I'm using it (and loving it by the way!), right? ;O)




I even used a little mini-strip embossing folder on the back of the card.  So fun and I love how professional looking the embossing makes a card look!  The only down side is that it kind of warped the whole card base, I think my plates were just a tad to thick.  I'll have to try this again another time.
Paper: Cherry-O Creative Basics
Cardstock: Colonial White, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Tulip, and Blush
Ink: Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Cranberry, and Blush
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Sweet Leaf, Blusch, Cranberry, and Crystal Blue
Stamps:  Michael's Dollar Bin (sentiment), CTMH Key To My Heart (hearts and vine flourish) and Beary Busy
Other:  Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Stickles, CTMH bitty sparkles and Velvet Ribbon in Tulip (comes with Creative Basics), Crop-a-Dile and EKSuccess Corner punch, and Cricut Wild Card and Designer's Calendar Cartridge


A second card with the Beary Busy truck.  Again, I used the same sketch for this card as for my Hedgehog airplane cards, I have no idea where I came up with it.  Also used some Nestabilities to cut the circles!

Paper:  CTMH Cherry-O Creative Basics
Cardstock:  Colonial White, Sweet Leaf, Blush and Crystal Blue
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Sweet Leaf, Blusch, Cranberry, and Crystal Blue
Stamps:  Michael's Dollar Bin (sentiment), CTMH Key To My Heart (hearts and vine flourish) and Beary Busy
Other:  Craft Essentials (small heart brads from JoAnns), Bigger heart brad from my stash don't know the brand, CTMH Paper flowers, Stickles, CTMH bitty sparkles, Crop-a-Dile Corner punch, Nestabilities Circle and Scalloped Circle dies, and Martha Stewart Edge punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...