Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays...Family Ties

I follow a Russian blog that I really love, but, can't understand a thing that's said!  Anyway, I have had the beautiful layouts shown in this post stuck in my head for a year now where each layout includes a picture within a picture.  I loved the idea and was reminded of it when I saw this sketch at Sketchy Thursdays.  I found this picture of Owen with his grandparents at the glacier in Valdez and attempted to make the 3 of them pop by making the background a little more monochrome.  I actually printed two pictures with the intent of using foam tape to make the photo really stand out, but, changed my mind at the last minute and just glued it down.  The difference in the photos is a little more obvious in person, but, I still liked it.  I'm going to have to try this again and get out of the box a little more!!


I had so much fun with this one, it was SO nice to take a break from work...of course, it just set me back that much further!  

I didn't think I'd ever use this paper from My Mind's Eye because there was so much pink, but, I think it worked well and the colors make me happy regardless!!  I absolutely love these flowers too...they were on an example layout in the latest CTMH catalog and I thought they looked like "manly" flowers...;O).


Anyway, if you'd like to play along with this sketch, you have a couple more days!!  Make sure you use spring colors for the extra challenge!  I am dying for spring!!  I think we got about 6 more inches of snow this morning...it makes the already 40 minute commute that much LONGER let me tell you!!  

Paper:  My Mind's Eye Pretty Please
Cardstock:  Juniper and Colonial White
Stamps: Bohemian Alpha
Ink:  Sunset, Juniper, and Tulip 
Other:  Fiskar Circle Punches (flower petals), CTMH brads in Colonial White, Juniper, and Tulip, Martha Stewart Border Punch, Zig Pen, and of course, lots of Photoshop!

2 comments:

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I love love love the photo and the flowers! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, hey! I know those people! You did a great layout with this picture.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...