Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy 90th!

My grandmother celebrated her 90th birthday this weekend.  I'm so proud of her!  She still lives on her own and is as feisty as ever.  I wanted to make her an extra special card and fell in love with one that Betsy Veldman had published in Paper Crafts Special How To Issue...Winter 2011 Stamp It! Techniques magazine on page 54.  I tried to find a picture of Betsy's card online without any luck and I'm not sure scanning the magazine photo would technically be legal.  So, I guess, you'll just have to take my word for it that they're similar...besides, I probably wouldn't want to have mine right beside hers! ;O)  

I wish I had made the chip board flower a different color now, but, all in all, I was happy with the results.  This was way outside my box, so, it was a lot of fun to try!

I've got a sick kiddo at home today, so, I'm hoping to sneak in some scrapbooking time while he's resting.  It is after all National Scrapbooking Month! ;O)
Paper:  Emporium, Tickled Pink, and Best Friends Forever (all retired)
Cardstock:  Colonial White
Ink:  Hollyhock, Blush, Goldrush, Sweet Leaf, Olive, Sky, and Sunset
Stamps: Tickled Pink, Smiles, Friendship Blessings, Heartthrob, Cottage Floral, and Say It in Style
Other:  Recollections sparkles, CTMH Just Blooms Summer Posies, Twinkle Brad, and Dimensional Elements Flower, Favorite Findings Button (JoAnns), EKSuccess Corner Rounder, and Crop a Dile Corner Chomper 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...