Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...A Little Late! ;O)

So, every year, I try to find a card that's not just your average card to make for Mother's Day.  Last year I did a tri-fold card that you can see here and the year prior I did a criss-cross card which you can view here.  (Forgive the formatting of my older posts, when I redid my blog design, it messed up all the older posts.)  This year, I was reminded by Bryan of Scrap Guy's PaperCrafting Adventure of the flower pot card that was all the rage a year or so ago.  His is super cute and clean using the Cricut to cut his flowers.  But, I decided to make things difficult on myself and cut all the flowers out by hand!!  Brilliant decision on my part...I had 6 of these to make!  These are all I accomplished on my scrapbooking weekend, but, I think it was worth it.  

They were lots of fun and I think they turned out pretty cute...although, this wasn't a stellar example...I'm not sure why the flowers are all off to one side and I moved the butterflies up to the top of the big flower before I mailed them off.  But, hopefully, you get the picture! ;O)

If you'd like to try making your own flower pot pocket card, you can find the tutorial here on SplitcoastStampers website.  This would be a great one to stick a gift card to the back side of the insert!
Paper:  Boom-di-ada (butterfly punch)
Cardstock:  Colonial White and Craft
Stamps:  Cottage Floral, Flutter, Promise of Spring (foliage) and Simple Beauty (sentiment
Ink:  Sunset, Hollyhock, Blush, Honey, and Cocoa (shading on pot and sentiment)
Other:  Hollyhock Twill ribbon, Sparkles from Recollections, Martha Stewart Border and Butterfly punches, Recollections Sparkles, Twine from my stash, and Blue Moon Bead

1 comment:

  1. I got to hold and inspect the card you sent to DL for Mother's Day. It is absolutely wonderful! I love the versatility that you can put a gift card in the slidey thing. Really lovely design AND workmanship, Girl! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...