Monday, May 28, 2012

CSI Case 20 and Sketch Savvy...Little Lady Bug

Happy Memorial Day!!  Don't forget to thank a service man/woman for their sacrifices today!!  Thats the least we can do while we enjoy our freedom...
Paper: Imaginisce Twitterpated, CTMH Let's Get Together (yellow) and Emporium (light green)
Cardstock:  White Daisy, Black, and Kraft
Stamps:  Just the Ticket, Rustic Alpha, Small Chocolate Alpha, Ambiance, and Fluttering Frames
Ink: Cranberry, Buttercup, Pear, and Tsukineko Memento Black Tuxedo
Other:  CTMH flowers, Imaginisce Brad and Twitterpated Rub-ons, Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge, Copic Marker (lipstick red), and Marvy Pen

While I was busy being pregnant and miserable, my favorite sketch blogs, Sketchy Thursday and Pencil Lines decided to call it quits.  I am still upset, Sketchy Thursday's sketches always struck a chord with me and between their great sketches and amazing DT, it was instant inspiration.  Anyway, I've been blog surfing a little trying to find new sketch sites and in the process, learned about CSI.  You've GOT to check out this challenge site, it's SO much fun!!  I desperately tried to put together my layout yesterday for Case #20 and get it submitted in time, but, I just wasn't fast enough.  I did however complete it from start to finish in one day...thats practically record breaking for me!! ;O)  Of course, I got no work done and my house is a disaster! ;O)


So, here's a quick synopsis of how it works, you have to complete a sketch (cards don't count) using all 5 colors provided, 2 options from Evidence, and 1 from Testimony.  They even provide digital papers and embellishments to download and print!!  I used...
Evidence:  Insects/Bugs and Kraft Background (I snuck a mushroom in just on principle)
Testimony:  Set Journaling on top of something and Inspiration Word: cute (in my journaling)



The other site I learned about while I was blog surfing was Sketch Savvy.  It's absolutely fabulous and reminds me a lot of Sketchy Thursday sketches, but, even better!!  I chose to use Sketch #70 from back on January 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...