Monday, July 12, 2010

Carving Memories....

These days, I have two aspirations...the first, to use up this ridiculously huge stack of paper I've accumulated and secondly to get better at color challenges!  It became glaringly apparent when I attempted Heart 2 Heart's last color challenge (Tulip, Buttercup, and Black) that I need work in this area!!  So, while I was contemplating taking on another color challenge, I came across this entry at A Creative Life.  Janine does amazing work and in my opinion, one of the best at color challenges!! 

I loved the colors in this challenge and immediately thought of the last of my Halloween pictures from 2009.  Plus, the color scheme was similar to the other page I'd already done (see details of first page here)...so, I kind of cheated.  O.k., I really cheated, plus there's absolutely no grey in any of my paper, I'm easing into it! ;O)  

I also used the Inspired Blueprint Sketch #28 to get started, but, rotated it to accommodate all of my landscape pictures.
My pumpkins look off in this picture, in real life they match the paper exactly.  Weird huh!  I absolutely love our Autumn Leaves and can't believe that CTMH retired them.  I've never seen anything like them anywhere else and use these very sparingly!!
Paper:  Felicity
Cardstock:  Desert Sand, Cocoa, and Colonial White
Ink:  Autumn Terracotta and Cocoa
Stamps:  Homestead Alpha and Homestead Alpha
Other: Recollections Rhinestones, Stickles, Martha Stewart Punches, and Just Blooms Autumn Sunflower flowers and Fall Leaves (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...