Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mojo Monday #150...Happy Birthday Uncle Bill!



Do you ever have one of those days where time flies too fast to get anything accomplished?  Yesterday was like that for me.  I needed a card and cupcakes to take to my uncle's house to celebrate his belated birthday.  But, I couldn't seem to get rolling and everything I did took longer than it should have.  This was by far, the fastest card I've ever put together and I'm afraid, it kind of reflects the lack of time spent on it!  But, I was so excited to finally use the hedgehog images from July's Stamp of the Month called Happy Forever.  Isn't he adorable!!  
I'll spare you everything that went wrong with this card, beginning with the fact that it started out manly, but, got really girly!!!  Fortunately, my uncle's a manly man that isn't worried about that kind of thing and especially when it's from me....I'm really proud of him (he's a retired marine) and feel lucky to have gotten to spend some time with him for his birthday.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!


Paper: Cherry-O Creative Basics with Ribbon
Cardstock:  Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, and some sort of Copic paper from the LSS
Stamps:  Happy Forever and From Me to You
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento in Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa and Sweet Leaf (sponged around the stamped image)
Other:  Scroll Lace Corner Punch from Martha Stewart, EKSuccess Corner Rounder punch, Adhesive Sparkles from the dollar bin at Michaels, lots of Copic Markers, and CTMH ribbon from the Cherry-O Creative Basics kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...