Sunday, November 7, 2010

Card Maps...Whoo Loves You!

I have organized a scrapbook day at one of the local churches for later this month and have offered to cut the cost in half for the girls that make and donate at least 2 cards to the Operation Write Home efforts.  I've wanted to contribute to this amazing cause for some time and just haven't had the opportunity to take the time and do it. 
Anyway, time is flying and I figured I better get on it!  I happened to have this owl from the Greeting Farm already colored and decided to try one of Page Maps Card Maps for the first time.  I chose the sketch above from the March 2010 Card Maps.  I took the sketch pretty literally, but, that was just coincidence, I swear! ;O)
I'm surprised how nerve-wracking this was for me to do!  I want to make sure it's just right for our men and women overseas who have sacrificed so much!!  The least I can do is send them a decent looking card to write home with, right? ;O)
Paper:  Life Delights and Magic Moments
Cardstock: Blush, Hollyhock, Cocoa, and Colonial White
Ink:  Cocoa, Sweet Leaf, Olive, Blush, and Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamps:  Greeting Farm Forest Friends, Whoo Loves You (branch), Exclusive Set from the Twitterpated Kit (leaves), Friendship Alpha Small, and Hugs & Kisses
Other:  Hollyhock Brads, Copic Markers, EK Success Corner Rounder (scallops), and White Gelly Roll pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...