Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day/Happy Marine Birthday...

Thanks to all the men and women who serve in our military and keep us safe!!!

I had hoped to have this posted on Wednesday, but, it was a really long week.  So, I'm just now getting around to it.  My uncle is a retired Marine and we're all very proud of him.  But, he prefers to celebrate the Marine Corps' Birthday rather than Veteran's Day.  So, here's the card I did for him this year.
To be honest, I was not prepared and had to throw this together at the last minute.  But, simple seems to make more sense in this case anyway.  I got to use my Sizzix Texture Boutique again to add a little texture, so, it was worth it!  The Marine Corps emblem is one that they had at the Wikipedia site of all things.  I printed it on photo paper and cut it out.
Cardstock:  Cranberry, Black, and Colonial White
Ink: Black (Sponged around the inside)
Other:  JoAnn's Essentials Gold Brads and Gold Glitter (Glitter is just pressed onto 2-sided tape), EKSuccess Corner Rounder, Sizzix Embossing Folder and Sizzix Texture Boutique

Owen was home sick with me the day I made the card, so, he made one too.  I thought it was pretty cute.  The circle on the lower left is a cake with a candle and just above that is his signature...it's quite elaborate! ;O)  He also included a few birthday stickers.  I think my uncle was far more excited to receive Owen's card then mine from the sounds of it!!  I can't hardly blame him though! ;O)
Colonial White Cardstock, Roseart Markers, and EKSuccess Sticko Stickers-Party Favors

1 comment:

  1. YOUR card looks so professional! And how neat it is that this fantastic hobby of yours is something Owen can enjoy with you!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...