Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Always Sisters, Always Friends



My grandmother recently gave me a stack of family pictures to scan and put into scrapbooks. She only gave me a small portion of the pictures that I know she has stashed away somewhere. But, honestly, it was a much more overwhelming task than I had anticipated. There is hours of Photoshop editing that needs to be done. But, I started with my favorite photos and even with my limited Photoshop skills, I managed to drastically improve them and eliminate the cracks and tears. So, its a very rewarding project and I enjoy getting to know some of my family a little better. This particular photo is of my grandmother and her two sisters in 1921, she's the baby-how cute is she! I just love the bows in the older girls hair! I have recently discovered the Paper Craft Planet and used the Scrappy Sunday Challenge from March 15th for this layout.
Paper-Close To My Heart-More to Adore Level 2 with Blush and Vanilla Creme Cardstock
Stamps-The Works Alpha
Ink-Versa Mark and CTMH Chocolate for distressing
Embroidery Floss-Making Memories Romance Pink
Flowers-CTMH Just Blooms Big Blooms and Shades of Chocolate Mini Medleys
Ribbon-CTMH Chocolate Organdy (Retired) CTMH White embossing powder for the title

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...