Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sketch Savvy and CSI...Love

I was so excited to get to enter a CSI challenge, but, although my layout was almost done, everything went downhill...I dropped my letter "V" stamp and ripped it in two while I was trying to peel it off the photo.  Of course, the stamp itself peeled up the color off the photo anyway forcing me to place one of the journaling spots over top that specific spot.  Then, if that weren't bad enough, I'd messed with my rubons until they were stuck to the wrong side of the plastic and I made one heck of a mess of the other photo trying to use them anyway.  I guess since it's taken me an additional two weeks to get a picture and post it on my own blog, it obviously just wasn't meant to be!! ;O)  

Oh well, if you haven't tried a CSI challenge (Color, Stories, Inspiration) yet, what are you waiting for!!!  I can't believe how much fun they are and how much I've stepped out of my box and used product/ color challenges I never would have thought of without them!

Here's the Case File for this one...
Evidence: I used doilies and flowers (the doilies being the stretch for me!)
Testimony: I used both 3 different size journaling spots as well as 3 perspectives...each journaling spot is each one of us telling Olivia about our thoughts the day she arrived.  Owen wasn't so cooperative, so, I just told about what he was thinking/doing in the days leading up to her arrival. 

Now that I look at the case file and layout side by side, I was off on the color scheme some...the pinks aren't quite right are they!  Well, I tried anyway!
Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie and DCWV Green Stack
Cardstock: CTMH Colonial White, Hollyhock, and Sweet Leaf
Stamps:  Friendship Alpha
Ink: Hollyhock
Other:  Bazzil Basics flowers, Doilies from my stash, K&Company rubons, Butterfly sticker from Walmart, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Stickles, EKSuccess corner Rounder, Cricut, and Spellbineders/Cuttlebug

The sketch I used for the layout was this one from Sketch Savvy.  I'm so loving her sketches and am so thankful, I wasn't sure I'd find another I loved as much as Sketchy Thursdays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...