Monday, April 5, 2010

Got Sketch? 105 Class Sketch #3...Hawaii 2008

O.k., so this layout has kind of been the down turn of my motivation.  It didn't turn out at all like I had envisioned and I don't think I love the colors at all.  But, I decided it was just one of those that had to be what it is and I had to move on....although, I'm noticing now that my journal strips are looking a little tippy.  I'll have to work on that at least!

I did have one moment of enlightenment...I always debate when buying the Martha Stewart border punches if it's worth buying the set that comes with the corner punch for $10-15 more.  Well, wonder no more! ;O)  This may be the only time I'm this creative, so listen closely, I used the double loop corner punch to create the border down the middle of the page!  How pretty is it!!!!  I love how it turned out.  It took some practice, but I was able to punch down one side of my paper strip in a way that looked consistent and then I turned the paper over and punched down the opposite side matching the pattern as exactly as I could.  I think it looks awesome and have tried it with a few others with a whole lot of success. For once, it was money well spent for me! 


Paper: Discovery (retired)
Cardstock: Olive, Dutch Blue, Buttercup, and Colonial White
Ink: Hollyhock, Blush, Buttercup, and Dutch Blue
Stamps:  Friendship Alpha Large, Small Chocolate Alpha, Extreme Happiness, and Adorable Backgrounds
Other: Stickles, Martha Stewart punch, Zig pen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...