Monday, April 19, 2010

Mother's Day

So, it's that time of year again!!  I'm desperately trying to get my Mother's Day cards out on time since I was so late with the Valentine's Cards and didn't even bother for Easter!!  I made up this really quick prototype...it's pretty rough, but I think I like where it's going....  How much do you love this Veranda paper, I just can't get enough of it lately.  I think it's the whole earth tone thing it's got going.

A fellow CTMH consultant, Tonya Sheridan, posted the cutest baby shower invites using this trifold card and I have been dying to try it.  You have to check out her card and blog, she does pretty awesome work!   She made it look so easy, but I struggled with it a bit and am not 100% thrilled with mine, but, this is just a prototype, right? ;O) I still have to find envelopes to fit on top of everything else...I may regret this choice by the time I'm done making 6 of them (one for each grandma and great grandma!!!).

Tonya got the instructions from Operation Write Home, a great organization that collects blank cards for the military deployed overseas to use to write their families.  However, I think there's a couple errors in their template, so I am going to try and come up with my own when I post my final product.



Happy Monday everyone, hope you are all enjoying your day.  My little one is at preschool and I don't have to work, so I have the whole day to myself, yay!!!  Hopefully, I'll get all of my card's done today as I have no intentions of cleaning!! ;O)
















Paper:  Veranda
Cardstock: Cocoa, Juniper, Creme Brulee, and Colonial White
Stamps:  Love You  Forever and Simple Beauty
Ink: Cocoa and Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  Just Blooms Spring Blossoms, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Watercolor Pencils, Pewter Design Brads, and KandCompany Adhesive Rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...