Friday, October 2, 2009

Aloha!!

I'm finally finished with my sister's Hawaii pages!!! I will have to take pics of the last four pages I did, but I will cram them all into one post as I am so tired of looking at them!! ;O) Thank goodness I started way back in July or I would have been scrambling to finish by Auntie Shawn Day!!! We typically celebrate on the last Saturday of October. However, we since we always do our pumpkin carving that day, we've moved the celebration up to October 24th instead.
This is another Inspired Blueprints layout, I managed to use their layouts for 10 out of the 13 pages I did! Not too shabby! ;O) I love their sketches so much, I thought it was a fun goal to try and use as many of theirs as possible. I think they are up to 30 sketches on their blog, so I've used just about half of them counting my non-Hawaii layouts. So fun!! This one in particular was a new challenge for me, I've never done my title in a circle before. It was a blast to try and figure out. ;O)

Anyway, as usual, I used the Boom-Di-Ada paper pack from Close to My Heart and Barn Red cardstock. The hemp is way old from my college days that I still have hanging around. The chipboard letters are also really old and I don't have the packaging anymore. I cut the circles with my Cricut and then used my corner rounder for the scallops. The bigger butterflies are Martha Stewart punches and the littler ones I'm not sure about. I stamped the chipboard letters with Spot On Backgrounds, Versamark, and Kaleidoscope embossing powder from Craft Essentials for some texture and sparkle. The tag is from Walk With Nature stamp set and the hibiscus is Extreme Happiness with leaves from the Summer Posies (retiring this year, boo!!). I also added lots of sparkles to the butterflies, Jolee's Boutique stickers to the tag, and a couple of Craft Essentials (Joann's brand) eyelets to finish off the photo corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...