Monday, October 5, 2009

Last of the Hawaii Pages!!!

So, after months of working on these (well, more like 6 weeks), I finished the last of the pages for Shawn's scrapbook. They aren't prize winners by any means, but I am so glad they are done!

I didn't have a particular sketch to go off for these first two. Although, I think I did start out with two different sketches in Close To My Heart's "Reflections" book and then adapted it to make it work for my photos.

All of them, of course, use paper from the Boom-Di-Ada kit. This one also uses some hemp, letters cut with my Cricut for the title, hemp, eyelets from Joann's, Jolee's stickers, one of the owls from You're a Hoot stamp set, the smallest flower from Cottage Floral (for the owl's lei), and lastly the bitty pearls from Recollections. I just realized the dot above my "i" in Paradise is missing. I'll just add an adhesive pearl to that to finish it off. This is my favorite picture of my little man from that trip. How cute does he look in his Aloha outfit! ;O) That was definitely a great trip for a toddler.


This page uses lots of sparkles on the Martha Stewart butterflies, hemp, an arrow from Star Struck stamp set and hibiscus flowers from the Extreme Happiness set. The leaves are from Summer Posies paper flowers and the hibiscus stem thingy has lots of yellow stickles for some extra sparkle. I love that Extreme Happiness stamp set, it was exactly what I was looking for before I started this page. Great timing CTMH! ;O)


I used Sketch #28 published by Inspired Blueprints on August 17th. I crammed too many big photos onto it, but, I think it worked out o.k. For this one I used the Field Trip Alpha, more hemp, and various Jolee's Boutique stickers. This one actually went together pretty quick after I quit fighting with the photos. Owen is kind of the center of the world for everyone in my family, especially since my sister isn't supposed to have kids (She cracked her hip in 3 places and lost her spleen which is the basis to your immunity, in a car accident. Plus, she has a really bad back due to rolling in a school bus in junior high...she's a mess ;O)!!) So, these pages won't seem as out of place to her as they might to you! I looked up some Hawaiian words for the title and this one seemed to fit the best!


This final page was so much fun to do and use up lots of scraps! I was probably supposed to use just one piece of scalloped paper, but decided it was more fun to use circles from lots of different papers! I also used the Field Trip alpha again, Star Struck for the arrows, and the big hibiscus and leaf stamps from the Extreme Happiness set. More Stickles, more sparkles on the Martha Stewart punch butterflies, and some flower sparkles from Hero Arts.

Phew, I feel like I can move on with life now!!! No more Hawaii pages for a while anyway. I still have to do them for us though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...