Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preemie Pages

I have a friend that lives in Nome who's second son was born premature and ended up having to stay in the NICU in Providence for a couple of months. To give back, she asks the Close To My Heart consultants to make 100 preemie pages with the word "miracle" in the title, both for Mother's Day and Christmas. This is my third round and it always amazes me that I am able to find new sketches to meet her criteria which includes photo mats for 2-4x6 photos, a journaling spot, and a title. It's so much trickier than it sounds!!

This layout is one of the Basic Grey Maps from Pagemaps by Becky Fleck. I can't figure out how to post the actual sketch, so you'll have to check out the website to see it.

I used White Daisy Cardstock for the base and paper from an old Christmas DCWV stack for both versions of the layout. For this page, I used Holiday Trinkets, Comments, Baby ("our little"), Sans Alpha, Playful Flourishes ("Love" on the small tag), Botanical Borders and the Works Alpha stamp sets. I also used Buttercup and Sweet Leaf cardstock, lots of silver and yellow Stickles, and various ribbon from JoAnn's. The tag was cut with my Cricut and the stickers on it are Jolee's Boutique. The small tag on the left is chipboard from one of CTMH's retired collections, although I believe there are some tags one one of the newer chipboard collections as well.


This version also uses Comments, Baby ("our little"), Sans Alpha, Playful Flourishes ("Love" on the tag), Botanical Borders and the Works Alpha stamp sets. The flowers and leaves are from Prima and the drops in the center are Robin's Nest Dew Drops. The cardstock is Tulip and Sweet Leaf and the ribbon is again various ribbons from JoAnn's as is the poinsettia sticker on the tag, although the leaves are from the Summer Posies paper flowers. I used tons of gold Stickles on this one and another chipboard tag.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - glad to see you have joined the bloggers! Nice layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...