Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mojo Monday #107

October was absolutely insane for my family and I. The worst part being, my grandmother had a small heart attack and spent the majority of five days in the hospital. That was enough to remind me how quickly you can lose someone you love!! She's slowly recovering and with that, things around here are starting to return to normal. Believe it or not, I was still able to keep up with the Mojo Monday sketches during the month, mostly due to my attempt to make Halloween cards for the whole family. I had tons of fun and will be posting those along with several layouts I completed during the month over the coming days. So, check back again soon!
I realized I did not have a single scrap of Halloween paper when I started these, so, I decided to create my own. I used the emboss resist technique and every Halloween stamp set I own! ;O) Off the top of my head, I know I used Frightening Fun, Creepy Cobwebs, and Happy Haunting from Close to My Heart as well as an owl set from Hero Arts. I also threw in some spider stickers that I've had for years from Jolee's, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, black and silver Stickles, and the most fun ribbon from JoAnns. The cardstock is all CTMH's of course, White Daisy, Black, Clover Meadow, Hydrangea, and Orange (ditto on the ink colors).

I wasn't totally happy with my random stamped paper. I've never done it with the intent to use it on cards (which takes a whole lot of extra stamping), but I learned a whole lot and it held me over until I could get to the store and "force" myself to buy more paper! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...