Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A New Tradition

I've had quite a few projects done for a while now, but can't get the weather to cooperate with me! It went from overcast...to foggy....to overcast with 15 inches of snow in the last two days and more to come tomorrow. So, I'm giving up, and using what I've got. Hopefully, the pictures are adequate for now!
We started a new tradition the son's first fall of driving up to Hatcher Pass in September and just spending the day hiking and taking pictures of the amazing fall colors. There's always something to love about Alaska's scenery, but I think our falls, although short lived, are the most amazing time of year to be here!

I used the Inspired Blueprint Sketch #32 for this one and had a lot of fun with it. I tried to take a walk on the wild side and mix up my paper packs...I know crazy wild right! ;O) The top two (green and brown plaid) are from Twitterpated, flowered paper is Caprice, and the blue is from Notebook. The stamp sets were also all from CTMH, Chocolate Alpha Large and Small, You're a Hoot, Whoo Loves You (Mushrooms in Lower Right), and the Twitterpated Kit Exclusive Stamp Set (branch, leaves, and hedgehog...although, I tried to make him into a porcupine). The flowers are from the Chocolate Mini Medley kit and they are topped with Bitty Brads. I threw in some Crystal Blue and Cocoa Cardstock, a Martha Stewart punch, some retired paper leaves, and twill ribbon to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...