Monday, November 23, 2009

Mojo Monday #112

Now that I am posting these, I am realizing I skipped Sketch #111. I'll work on that! In the meantime, here's a card I did for my mother's birthday. I used the hummingbirds on the Kleenex box I was using as a go-by for my coloring job!! ;O) I need some work with those darn Copics, but just hardly ever get a chance to practice with them!!

I've had this digital hummingbird image for months now and have been determined to use it for my mother's birthday card as she is a big fan. We do get the occasional hummingbird here in Alaska, especially in Southeast, but they are definitely a rarity!!

The image was a freebie from the digital stamps website Squigglefly and I just thought it was beautiful! They have quite a few super cute images I'd love to own, including the cutest turkey ever! ;O) I created my own background paper with another freebie called Jewelled Wings from a website called Brusheezy that has TONS of free brushes for Photoshop. This particular brush is incredible and it was fun to do digital random stamping. The hummingbirds are difficult to see in this picture, but that was kind of the point, I wanted them to be subtle.


Patterned Paper: Me & My Big Ideas Modern Milan stack
Cardstock: CTMH White Daisy, Cranberry, Clover Meadow
Digital Stamp/Brush: Brusheezy Jewelled Wings and Squigglefly Hummingbird
Stamps: CTMH Say It In Style
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
CTMH Cranberry ribbon and Copic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...