Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

My husband and I are celebrating our 6th anniversary today!! We don't really take our anniversaries very seriously, we usually pick out a "gift" that both of us will use and try to have a nice dinner. Instead though, tonight, we're going to take our little man to Bear's Tooth Theatre to see Aliens vs. Monsters! It's a fun theatre where you order dinner ahead of time and they serve you while you watch your movie...not to mention the movies are $3 and their food is awesome! Can't get any better than that! We're thinking about getting a new grill as our "gift", but we're going to wait until the end of the summer and see if we can get a better deal. We've pretty much spent every spare penny on putting our yard in this summer and a fence that should be installed any day. We'll be glad when all of that is done and we can put it behind us!

Anyway, my husband doesn't really care one way or the other about cards, so I decided to make one that I enjoyed instead! ;o) I absolutely love this retired stamp set from CTMH called Beary Much!!! It's great for babies, Valentine's Day, and apparently anniversaries!!! I stamped both bears using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and colored them in with Copic markers. I am way new to copics and clearly still learning. They are so much fun though! I added a touch of Chocolate chalk for a little background color around the circle and Hollyhock chalk for their cheeks.

I used the Mojo Monday sketch above for inspiration along with Soul Mates and Say it In Style stamps, Serendipity paper, Chocolate and Outdoor Denim ink, Bamboo and Chocolate cardstock, and Chocolate ribbon. The dew drops are Spring Bloom colors from Robin's Nest and I put a touch of white in the bears' eyes using a Gellyroll pen from Sakura.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...