Saturday, June 20, 2009

My First Ever Digi Stamps!

I had one more Father's Day card to make for my Uncle today. He's really good to my brother, sister, and I and we've always been very close. He's had a really hard life and even served in Vietnam as a Marine. He's one of the toughest, yet most soft hearted men I've ever met, and definitely a hero to me!! So, of course, his Father's Day card had to be special too! I realized when I went to post it however, that I used the same Mojo Monday sketch as I did for my DH's anniversary card!! I must really like this one! ;O)

I have been on a bit of a teddy bear kick lately and noticed these super cute images on both Sparkle and Suzy's blogs. Both are incredibly talented ladies and I have been "lurking" (as Sparkle calls it) on both their blogs for about 6 months now! ;O) As soon as I have time, I want to sign-up as a follower of both blogs, just haven't figured that part out yet!!!!

Anyway, after seeing their work, I decided I had to have the Mini-Bears and Birds digi-stamp images from Angel's Landing. They are really incredibly priced, just $4.99 and you get 11 different images in both black and brown along with a ton of sentiments!!! You can't beat that and I thought they were just too cute not to try out! I've had them about a week now and finally got around to making a card with one today! It took me a while to figure out how to cut them out with my Cricut, but I have really enjoyed using them!!

This image is called Cubby Cousins and Bird. I used my copics to color him and his cute little bird friend. Copics/shading are new to me and I still have lots to learn, but they are so much fun to use!! I dabbed a little bit of Baby Pink chalk on both the bear and the bird's cheeks for some extra warmth. I also used Sarsaparilla Paper Pack, Twighlight and Colonial White cardstock, Twighlight and Chocolate Ink, and Beary Best, Western Flourishes, and Say It In Style stamps. The chocolate ribbon is CTMH, the button is from the Nature pack by Favorite Findings (I bought it at JoAnns), the flower is Bazzill Basics, and the hemp is just a random roll I've had for years.

I already have my eye on another set of digi stamps at Angel's Landing and another one at the Greeting Farm. This instant gratification thing may be a dangerous addition to my stamp addiction! ;o)
Hope you are all enjoying a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...