Thursday, June 11, 2009

Play Time



O.k., so this isn't my favorite ever work. But, I'm so glad to have it done!! I swear my engineering education sucked all the creativity right out of me and I really have to make an extra effort. My husband makes fun of me for my right angles and is always shocked on the rare occasions I "break out" and use a circle! ;O) Anyway, the engineer in me determined that for the photos for my son's first year, I would use the same paper for each month of photos and just make it work despite the color mix. In this case, I used Simple Pleasures. These are the last two sets of photos for this paper and I really struggled to complete the layouts, but decided it is enough.
What I did enjoy was making my titles!! I have meant to try this technique a million times and decided that it was the extra spunk these layouts needed. All I did was cut out the titles with my Cricut on White Daisy cardstock (you could also use chipboard letters or CTMH's Color Ready Alphabets). But, before I removed them from the mat, I used a sponge to dab Twighlight, Desert Sand, and Cocoa ink on the letters. You always start with the lightest color and then progress to the darkest. It is so much fun and such a neat look!!
In addition to the Simple Pleasures paper and Twighlight, Desert Sand, and Cocoa ink, I used Twighlight and White Daisy cardstock, Chocolate Mini Medley accents, and Natural Hemp.

I should add that this layout came from CTMHs Imagine book and is entitled "Open Forum".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...