Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You're A Hoot



I can't get enough of the new CTMH You're a Hoot owl stamp set! I think I might have mentioned it before, but my little man's initials are O.W.L. and his nickname is "Hoot". I know he's going to hate us, but we thought it was cute before he was born and I can always claim it was the hormones...right? ;O) Anyway, because of his initials I've collected every cute owl stamp/paper I've come across. In doing so, I've come to love them myself!!! I needed a card for my husband's grandmother's birthday and decided to lift Janette Olen's card from Week #86 of the Mojo Monday sketches. Janette used a really cute Olivia Owl stamp from Sweet N Sassy stamps. But, I still like ours better and couldn't wait to try and duplicate her card!! I'm not sure mine turned out quite as good, the colors were harder to work with than I anticipated, I guess it comes from always using boy paper!! I did have fun using some pink for a change though!

I used Paper Garden for the patterned paper, petal ink, buttercup cardstock, and a textured pink cardstock from an old DCWV spring stack. For stamps I used You're a Hoot, No Peeking, A Birthday Wish (party hat), and From Me to You for the sentiment. I also used The Bird's Nest Dew Drops and lots of Stickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...