Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Favorite Technique

I absolutely love the emboss resist technique and recently showed my mother-in-law how to do it. I think she's addicted now! Here's a few of the papers I did while demonstrating for her. So, much fun!! Now, I just need to use them!

The snowflake version uses New Fallen Snow as well as a few tiny stamps from various other sets. I used Creme Brulee, Twighlight, and Outdoor Denim inks and of course, Craft Essentials (JoAnn's brand) clear embossing powder with Versa Mark on Colonial White cardstock as I did on all 3 pages.

This is the Tickled Pink, Cottage Floral, and Butterfly Wings stamp sets with Crystal Blue, Creme Brulee, and Sweet Leaf inks. My goal was to make it look manly...not sure that worked out real well. I completely botched the Versa Mark stamping of the flower in the middle, but when I use the paper, I think I can work around it. That large flower is a tough one to stamp consistently and tough to re-stamp especially when you are using clear ink!!

The last one is my favorite! This one strictly used the Autumn Splendor stamp set with New England Ivy, Goldrush, Barn Red, and Cocoa inks. As you can see I cut it down the middle and started to use it on one of my layouts before I realized it wasn't going to work because I stamped the words all one direction and needed the paper to go both directions. Lesson learned the hard way!! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...