Thursday, November 19, 2009

Loved

I've been blog surfing lately, checking out other peoples work to try and help me break out of my Close To My Heart rut! ;O) I love CTMH's style, but I started scrapping with their supplies and sketches and feel like I never really came up with my own style. So, I made it my mission to start branching out and I started with this layout. O.k., so mostly I lifted this one from the Scrapperlicious blog created by a woman named Irene in Malaysia. I came across her blog about the time she posted a layout entitled, "Cute" and I totally fell in love! Her work is amazing and I hope to incorporate a little of her style into my work in the future. She seems to love layering both with paper and embellishments/inks which really makes her work stand out.

Above is the sketch she posted on the Scrap in Japan blog (in a post titled "Challenge 11") when she was a guest designer. The blog is mainly in Japanese and even the blog address is misspelled, but they have amazing sketches and examples to go with them!!

So, here's my version. This was so much fun and so out of my box!! I believe that Irene used a masking technique with alcohol inks and a Heidi Swapp mask to create the flower background. I have never used alcohol inks and didn't want to add yet another thing to buy to my list. So, instead, I used the emboss resist technique using Versa Mark, clear embossing powder, Treasure Life and Treasures stamp sets, and finished it off by sponging Cocoa ink over top. I also used the Cocoa Ink to distress the scalloped circle as well. The patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Wisteria line, I so love it!!! I also used Cocoa and Pansy Purple cardstock, embroidery floss from Making Memories, Pewter Designer Brads, Bitty Brads, and pearls from the CTMH Connections Club. The flowers are from Prima (purple), Bazzil Basics (brown), and CTMH (white). The lace was a by the yard purchase at JoAnns.

I have to say, we don't have much sunshine these days and the colors are off a little in the picture. I swear, in person, the purples are much more complimentary!!

My family thinks this is a little girly for my little boy. But, I had fun doing it and I've given up on trying to only make manly layouts, its more fun to use flowers!!! ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...