Saturday, November 21, 2009

Snow Cute!

Not only am I behind on Mojo sketch challenges, October really put me behind on Inspired Blue Prints sketches as well!!! To make it even worse (or maybe it's a good thing...depends on how you look at it!), the Blueprints blog was celebrating their one year anniversary by publishing weekly sketches instead of the typical biweekly posts!! ;O) So, although I kept up with the creating part, my posts definitely were deficient this past month....I'll try to get all caught up in the coming days! Here's Sketch #31 posted on October 1st:

I had SNOW much fun with this one!!! O.k., my title is corny, but I have a LOT of snowy pictures and I'm already running out of title ideas. But, I did have fun with this layout and have to say, its one of the few of my own that I am completely thrilled with! I kept Irene from Scrapperlicious in mind for this one and incorporated elements from several of her layouts. Believe it or not, this was the first time I used quite a few elements that I've had for years. For example, I absolutely LOVE this snowman stamp from the Wonderful Winter set and bought it about 4 years ago when I first started with CTMH, but have never used it!!!

I have also had the Aspen Level 2 paper for over a year now and although its probably my favorite pack, I haven't touched it!!! The paper pack has quite a bit of Twighlight mixed into the patterns, but it clashed with Owen's vest. So, I stuck with a couple of the darker patterned pages and mixed in my own Dutch Blue cardstock instead.
Patterned Paper: CTMH Aspen Level 2
Cardstock: CTMH Outdoor Denim, Dutch Blue
Stamps: Key To My Heart, Jingle Borders, Snowflake Kisses, Wonderful Winter, Winter Wonderland
Embossing Powder: CTMH White Daisy, Craft Essentials Kaleidoscope
Ink: VersaMark, CTMH White Daisy Pigment-based
Chipboard Snowflakes: Maya Road painted with Delta Creamcoat Paint (from CTMH) and dipped in Martha Stewart clear glitter
LOTS of Silver Stickles and Black Stickles on the snowman, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Wrights snowball ribbon (JoAnns), Copics to color the snowman's hat and scarf, and Sakura Medium White Gelly Roll Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...