Sunday, February 14, 2010

Creative Scrappers #89...A Girls Best Friends


My sister and a friend of hers came across this paper pack for just a $1.  She isn't a scrapbooker, but she likes me to do pages for her.  So, she brought me the paper and subtly reminded me that it could be used for pictures of her dogs!  She cracks me up.  She's single and has survived a couple of major vehicle accidents.  Her doctors have told her that although she technically could have children, her pregnancy would be extremely painful and both her and the baby would be put at very high risk due to her immune deficiencies.  So, knowing that, you can kind of understand how important her dogs are to her, they are her constant companions and protectors.  I paid for a photo shoot and a picture package one year for Christmas with a local photographer that happens to specialize in animals.  In fact, he's been published in both Dog and Cat Fancy.  She was so not amused with my gift, but I think that she's happy she went through with it despite some embarrassment! ;O)  Anyway, I was pretty pleased with the way this turned out considering it was so simple and quick...that was, until I remembered the two albums I bought for her are 9x9 and 8.5x8.5....not 12x12!!  Oops!!  Guess this one goes in my albums...hehe!

I'm loving Creative Scrappers sketches and hope to do more of theirs soon!!!  I'd love to keep up with their weekly challenges....wouldn't that be nice to have a minimum of six layouts (counting Inspired Blueprints) done a month!  We'll see!!



Happy Valentines Day by the way!!  Hope everyone is enjoying spending some time with their special someone!  We don't have any real plans, just to hang out and enjoy the day!  It's been sunny AND warm...around 40 degrees.  So, we're all feeling a little springy...too bad that this is just a tease.  No doubt we'll be back to subzero temps in no time! ;O)

Paper: Scrapbooking Supplies Modern Trails Collection
Cardstock: Cocoa
Other: Bazzil Basics Flowers, Mrs. Grossman's Stickers, Cricut Designer's Calendar Cartridge (title), Martha Stewart Punch, Sticko Tile Stickers, Martha Stewart Scoring Board, and Zig Pen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...