Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inspired Blueprints #42....Bath Time!

My husband had a convention in Cincinnati last week and was gone for SIX nights straight.  I think that's the longest trip he's had to take since our son was born.  Every time he leaves, I gain even more admiration for single parents.  I only work part-time and if I have to drop-off and pick-up Owen, I only work 8 hour days.  But, even with shorter work days, I was exhausted!  I can't imagine not having a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward to.  Anyway, because of his absence, I'm way behind on my Creative Scrappers challenges and my Got Sketch? 105 class already!!  We'll see if I can make it up in the coming week...
I did manage to finish the last sketch at Inspired Blueprints for the month though!!  This layout was an experiment for me.  I think I mentioned before that my MIL bought me a bunch of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist for my last birthday and that I'm experimenting with it a little.  Well, she also bought me one set of "Glimmer Screens" and I started out with this layout using a butterfly from that set.  The effect is pretty awesome, but wasn't quite right for my pictures.  So, instead, I used my Wild Card Cricut cartridge and a transparency to cut out this cute little duck and use as a stencil.  The edges of the duck are far more rigid than the Glimmer Screen's edges turn out, maybe if I'd cut the duck out using cardstock instead....?  I don't know, but figured this was good enough for my first try!  I'm not sure how to prevent the paper from curling, but it seems to lay down flat once its stuck in page protector.  So, I haven't worried about it too much

The other brilliant idea I had (brilliant for me anyway!!), was to use a Martha Stewart punch and punch on both sides of the paper strip creating this fun circle border (in the middle of the page).  I love the way it looks and will definitely be trying that out with my other border punches!!
Paper: Notebook and Emporium
Cardstock: White Daisy and Buttercup
Ink: Crystal Blue
Stamp Set: The Works Alpha
Other: Stickles, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Lace (by the yard from LSS), Martha Stewart border punch, CTMH Crochet flowers from the White Daisy Mini Medley, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Twilight and Yellow Sunflower, American Crafts rub-on, and a Zig Pen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...