Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mojo Monday #124...Whooo Loves You!






Have I mentioned that I am over Valentine's Day cards already!!!  I have to knock the last three out this weekend.  So, I can quit complaining after that!  I've learned my lesson however, only one card, mass produced, in the future! ;O)

I have been DYING to ink up this little owl stamp from Greeting Farm since I got him last summer, but I think this is the first project I've actually accomplished using him...I don't love my coloring again, but I think its an improvement over my bunny.  So, maybe I'm gaining some ground.  I need to do some tutorials on using watercolor pencils and Copic markers.  This learn by trial and error thing doesn't seem to be working!

I'm so used to using acrylic stamps, I really struggle when I have to use a wood stamp.  These cute little owls are from Hero Arts, Birds and Branches line, but unfortunately, they're red rubber and mounted on wood.  I managed to botch the one on the bottom and really wanted to go back and stamp over it like I would do with my acrylics...no worries there...but, so not an option with wood!!  Anyway, I left it be, but its driving me nuts! ;O)

Paper:  Martha Stewart
Cardstock: White Daisy and Blush
Ink:  Tsukineko Memento in Rich Cocoa, Hollyhock, and Cranberry
Stamps:  Greeting Farm's Forest Friends, Hero Arts Birds and Branches, and CTMH Small Chocolate Alpha
Other:  Martha Stewart Punch, EKSuccess Corner Rounder punch, CTMH and Casa Collection ribbon, Crystal Stickers pink "Glitter Domes", CTMH and Bazzill Basics flowers, Cricut Designer's Calendar Cartridge (hearts), Strathmore Watercolor Paper, Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, and CTMH blending Pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...