Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Valentine....

I like to send the grandparents all a card for each holiday with a few pictures of our little man to help keep them up to date since all but one lives in the Lower 48. But, my son has 3 great-grandmothers (and one great-grandpa) and three sets of grandparents (my parents are divorced). Plus, I usually do something for a couple of my uncles and my brother and sister. It gets to be a little overwhelming!! So, I'm trying to knock these out early. I was trying to be good and use up some old paper I've had sitting around here instead of buying new stuff. But, the only pink paper I have came with stamp sets I wanted, and I didn't love the paper. So, it was making it difficult to get excited over making the cards! Last night we made a run to town and I got to stop into Michael's...$40 later, I have lots of inspiration! ;O) My husband was on the computer when I started this card, so instead of doing a sketch challenge, I picked a sketch from CTMH's Originals book called Center Squares (pg. 36). It's pretty simple, but exactly what I had in mind.

The colors are off again...someday we'll have some decent daylight, I swear!!!


Paper: Martha Stewart
Cardstock: Tulip and White Daisy
Ink: Tulip and Blush (On the squares for some depth)
Stamp Set: Dollar Bin at Michaels
Other: Hero Arts adhesive heart pearls, Martha Stewart Looped Hearts Punch, Fiskars Circle Punch (circle heart on the inside), and Offray ribbon (JoAnns)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Book...Month 2

I started this layout so long ago, I can't even begin to tell you what site I took the layout from.  It's a little rough, but, I go...